Saturday, July 31, 2010

Christmas in July

I've lost track of what I've given these last few weeks.  Everyday was like Christmas and I was Santa Claus.  It was a whirlwind and I had the time of my life.  Giving love, presents, food, time, acts of kindness, rides, books, gifts of all kinds to my family, friends, students, strangers, foundations and more.  

And I got love, kindness and even some gifts myself.  I wish I could remember even a small fraction of what I gave, but I do remember everything that I received.  My favorite moment was getting a thank you yesterday from the parent of one of my assistants.  She told me that I was teaching the kids much more than just dance and that she appreciated everything that I've done for her daughter.  It was so touching I didn't even know what to say.

It's not just about fun surprises for friends, donating money and volunteering time, but about putting love and kindness first.  Giving presents is totally fun but knowing I've made a difference is what gives me the most happiness.  
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion.  If you want to be happy, practice compassion."                                         --The Dalai Lama
 ♥∞,

~B

No comments:

Post a Comment