Monday, June 14, 2010

Time, time, time...

I've spent the last month and half donating time all over the place!  (No time to blog!)

Spent it at:

*Animal Acres 

*WorldFest with Sea Shepherd (most fun EVER!)

 

*Choreographing for one of my student's Sweet 16 Party

*Assistant stage managing for my friend's Dance Studio Show

 

*Cleaning up the local park 

*Made food for the Sea Shepherd Whale Wars Watching Party and took friends


 

*Spent time with the AMAZING 79 year-old Doris 

*Tended to a friend's herb garden while she's away (inspired me to plant my own, oregano, cilantro, basil, parsley and mint)

*Made (vegan, gluten free, chocolate, coconut) brownies for one of my classes

*Even spent the day doing my civic duty at Jury Duty (don't think it technically counts, haha!)

I've been a very active activist!  I've also signed petitions galore, given donations to the Salvation Army, gave a friend a day of work, bought food for people in need, planted some trees and donated money to a few places

One of my favorite things though, was making jewelry for my graduating seniors and teaching assistants.  It took up A LOT of time, but the outcomes were SO worth it!  And even though I was tempted (with each one) to keep what I'd made, I happily gave out my creations.  Here are some of my favorites:

 

Much of my time the last 2 weeks went to making all of these but I really LOVE it! 

I have donated time and so I've received time in return.  I've had the last 2 days to just relax and have fun.  Though more volunteering is coming up this coming weekend for Surfrider's Project Save Our Surf!  Beach clean up, 24-hour Surf-A-Thon and spreading awareness.

 What's not to love? 

♥∞,

~B
"Anything that is of value in life only multiplies when it is given."
                                                                     --Deepak Chopra

No comments:

Post a Comment