Tuesday, November 16, 2010

On the Eve of a New Year

No, not the New Year.  MY new year, my Birthday.  And my life is completely different from what it was like exactly one year ago.  I had just given my mom a really cool trip down to visit me and tickets to the Ellen show.  That's when I first started having the idea of giving something every day.  I started it off just a few days after my birthday at the 1st of December 2009.

It's funny to me now how that first month I planned so much of it.  There's a coat drive going on here, a food drive here, volunteering on this day, etc.,  Even the first few months of this year I still planned so much of it.  I also kept meticulous track of it in a journal.  Such detailed notes!  

In the last couple of months, I've let go of planning and keeping track.  I don't need to.  The Universe does it for me.  It automatically plans what will be given every day.  I don't even think about it, but if I do, the answer is there.  Exactly the perfect thing is given on the perfect day.  Every day.

I've learned a lot about myself and have grown in the best possible way.  In an amazing way!  I have gotten to go places I would have never thought (at this time last year) that I would ever go.  The things I have experienced, the friends I have met, the sights I have seen...  It's clear that some of the greatest friends I have met been through volunteer work!  There is no better way to meet like-minded individuals.

The transformation of the last 11 months is absolutely incredible.  I am a whole new person.  I'm so different it's actually kind of crazy.  Most importantly in the past couple of days my life's purpose has become crystal clear.  And it has EVERYTHING to do with giving.  My life is forever changed.

Happy Birthday to me.

♥∞,

~B

No comments:

Post a Comment