Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Be Love

“Whatever you have in your hand, give it.” -- Abu Sa'id 

I find myself giving whatever I have in my hand at any given moment.  Or as in the case of the other night, what’s in my closet.  When my bestie was admiring a dress I said, "Take it!"

I seem to have lost my attachment to things recently.  I have never been much of a “stuff” person.  But I keep clearing out more and more things on a daily basis.  A lot of stuff I really don’t use or need are on their way out in the next few weeks.

As for these first 12 days of the 365, the giving has been good.  Shoes have been given, groceries have been bought for folks that couldn’t afford it, a little moonstone pendant to one of my students, the dress, lemons for everyone…    

There has also been some that have required creativity.  Such as: making Wordles and Ecards for friends.  If you have a little bit of time and feeling crafty, try it.  It costs nothing and it’s super fun.  It’s an easy thing to do to brighten someone’s day.  Another good one was filling out a letter of recommendation for a HS senior applying for a big scholarship.  I love boasting about people that deserve it!

If you’re feeling proactive, check out The Petition Site and sign some petitions for causes that mean something to you.  You don’t have to write them but you can personalize each letter or petition with your own thoughts.  You might even find some new causes to support.  Of course, you can always lose yourself in FreeRice.com.  Fun, educational and feeds the hungry.  Win, win, win.

The most special was last Saturday, when I spent the afternoon with the elderly woman who lives downstairs and her 6 year old granddaughter.  We walked around the park, let our dogs play together and cleaned up any trash we encountered.  Afterward I was like, who am I? 

There’s been a lot of those moments lately.   But the answer is really simple:   

“Love IS the Answer.  No matter what the question is.” -- Jon Marro 

♥∞, 

~B

No comments:

Post a Comment