Saturday, January 9, 2010

The 31 Days Re-cap/Fun Ways You Can Join In On The Giving Fun

Giving has become second nature to me. During my “31 Days of Giving” and the continuation into the “365 Days of Giving”, the opportunities to give now find me. Ways to give in which I never could have dreamed of, now show up sometimes several times a day. Thank you Universe.

Before that, sometimes the opportunities came up spontaneously, but I usually had to plan. For my 31 days, I started out the first few having definite plans on what to give. Soon enough, the opportunities just started popping up without me having to give it too much forethought. I think you’ll find, that it will work that way for you as well.


Here is a quick re-cap/fun-ways-you-too-can-give from my 31 Days last month:


~Thank You cards to people who may not receive recognition very often. Perhaps your mailperson, secretary/receptionist at work or apt. leasing office manager. They probably don’t get lovely hand-written thank you notes frequently.


~Do you have a fruit tree in your yard or an abundant veggie garden? Well, I don’t, but my parents do. A very happy lemon tree over-flowing with juicy, delicious fruit. When I visit they load me up with them. I’ve given bags to my neighbors, my yoga studio and even my favorite restaurant. (Scored free dessert too!)


~Speaking of dessert, I love buying desserts or sweet treats for friends and my students. It doesn’t cost too much to buy a bag of goodies or treat a friend to something cold and yummy!


~Do you get your hair or nails done or maybe have a massage therapist? How about next time you get some sort of service done, bring them a little gift? I brought my amazing masseuse/acupuncturist a lucky bamboo plant when I saw her last. Plants are cheap and brighten up any room.


~Break out your Jr. High/High School skills of making rad mix-tapes. Course, now they're mixed CDs. Make one and hand it off to your best friend.

~Look around your home. Have clothes and shoes you don’t wear anymore? Perhaps kitchen appliances you don’t use? There are always people and/or organizations who could make great use out of the things you no longer use. Give it away!
If you are not relishing it right now in this moment, then give it away! -- Tricia aka Jason Mraz's former Joyologist

~Time. I realize that time is not something people have a whole lot of. But, it is free. I walk my dog everyday at our local park. When we go for our walks I bring an extra bag and clean up any trash I see around the park area and dispose of it properly.


Sometimes all it takes is a simple thank you or small token as a gift. Give to those closest to you first. Bake your brother his favorite cookies (check), take your dad to the movies (check) or buy your mom dinner (check). Then expand your circle of giving from there.


Easy, simple & inexpensive ways to be generous and share your abundance!


I know that not everyone has tons of money and riches to give. Especially right now, people don’t have a lot. Trust me, I understand. I’m a dance teacher. I LOVE what I do, but I don’t make much.


Giving is not about that. In fact, abundance is a state of mind. Be thankful for what you’ve got and more will come into your life. Same with generosity. That love, in the form of whatever it is that you are giving, will come back to you in other ways. It always comes back to you. Trust in that and give.


♥∞,


~B

"Never worry about numbers. Help one person at a time and always start with the person nearest you." ~Mother Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment