Sunday, February 28, 2010

Colorful!

That is the only word I can use to describe the gifts given (and received) this month.

COLORFUL! 

Everyday has been fun.  I've given a lot to my students:  my copy of Franny & Zooey to one of my kids who is a Salinger fan, my purple corduroy TOMS to another and various other goodies.  Included in that was inspiration, which I think may be the most important of gifts.

I also gave to random strangers.  Money to the homeless, a Starbucks gift card to the nice lady who was collecting donations for the homeless, my box of CRV recyclables to a man who was searching through the dumpsters for them and donations to The Salvation Army, Humane Society, The American Red Cross (this time for earthquake relief in Chile) and even dressed up as cupid for the Valentine's Day Make-A-Wish Foundation Fundraiser.  (It's best I don't have a photo of that...)

Gave my favorite gifts to friends and family though.  Cookies for a helpful neighbor, advice, cards and recipes to friends.  But best of all, took my momma to get her first tattoo.  She was so funny, blowing bubbles, cracking jokes and tweeting during the whole process.  I have the coolest mom.  I love spending time with her.  That was my gift. 


And so I had another "AHA!" moment this month about giving and receivingYou can be really good at one and bad at the other.  If you give, you're bound to receive, but you have to be open to it.  I came to the realization that though I'm a really good giver, I'm a bad receiver.  I get bashful with a simple thank you.  I'm not sure why this is.  But it became apparent this month when I was given some amazing gifts:
  • I was given a free Acupuncture session.
  • I went in to renew the lease on my apartment and they lowered my rent!
  • I got my car insurance renewal and in the envelope was a little certificate that said, "Congratulations we've lowered your premium!
  • I got a new fridge (which lowered my monthly rent even more since I no longer have to rent one) for practically nothing from a friendly neighbor.
  • And other delightful surprises from the Universe...
 Luck seems to constantly be on my side.

The more I'm given, the more I become comfortable in receiving and the more I realize that I am worthy of receiving.  That was the "AHA!"I am worthy of receiving.   I just have to be openThe more I'm open to receiving, the more I receive.  So, I put some reminders up on my new fridge to keep me in that mind-set.

"The more you let go and surrender to your calling and know you are worth all the good stuff, the faster it shows up."
"Being of service is helping the Universe, and in return the Universe will help you!" 
♥∞,

~B

P.S.  It's been weeks since Operation Beautiful but the message of love is still going strong at school.  Little notes keep popping up all over campus.  I'm so excited to have started this!

No comments:

Post a Comment